View Single Post
Old 12-18-2007, 10:42 AM
  # 373 (permalink)  
hello-kitty

hey Ray. Everything is going to be ok. Have you written down your boundaries and house rules that you will follow when he comes home about the behavior you will accept in your house?

I did that and I made D read and sign it. And that is the only reason I was able to get him out of my house with "relative" ease once he broke the rules.

Set boundaries for yourself. And then be true to yourself and your boundaries and everything will work out fine.

Oh. And I kept going to church after he came home. Boy oh boy did that throw him for a loop. I played the "born again" card. He hated that. It became my ace in the hole. I would say to him, what would Jesus do! LMAO. I think it really freaked him out. But hey. He was the one that told me he found God when he was in prison. I guess he must have left him there though because when he got out the mere mention of God and Church would set his hair on fire. I loved it.

Also, I quit hiding stuff and lying about what was going on to my friends and family. It was hard to do, but I forced myself to talk about the situation to people. It helped me be accountable to others for enforcing my personal boundaries about the behavior I would accept in my home and around my children.

BTW, yes the parole board normally contacts you and comes over to make sure your home is a safe drug free environment before they release the inmate.