Thread: Living Fully
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2007, 07:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MsPINKAcres
Living in a Pinkful Place

Living Fully

This past Sat, my f2f group had our Christmas meeting & party - we had a speaker scheduled, but she was unable to make it because of bad weather - so at the last minute I searched for a topic.

I believe my HP lead me to "Living Fully" in the Courage to Change daily meditation book. The readings on that are all awesome, but pg 274 was really special for me.

Just for toay, I can try out new behavior. I can take the point of view that perhaps I have been given a lifetime to learn something about myself. Maybe life is a series of experiments in which some succeed and some fail - and in which the failures, as well as the success, point the way to fresh experiments. . . .

and then the quote at the bottom of the page

"Just for today I will find a little time to relax and to realize what life is and can be; time to think about God and get a better perspective on myself." Alcoholism, the Family Disease

Living Fully regardless of the chaos surrounding me is always a challenge - but it is a challenge that I am worthy of tackling and doing my best. The rewards are the realization that this disease has not "won" the battle against me - I am fighting the good fight for me.

And with much hope, some day, some how, the cycle of addiction and dysfunction will be broken in this family of mine - maybe one day my grandchildren's grandchildren may never know the affects of this disease.

Wishing you Serenity & Joy,
Rita