View Single Post
Old 12-10-2007, 02:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
tennchick9598

I am going through a similar sort of withdrawal right now, devil (umm that sounds weird to say, ok, how bout I call you Its) I think lots on here will tell you (not from my personal experience) that the benzo withdrawal is the worst there is, and alcohol too, those are supposed to be HORROR story withdrawals. And you have already beat taht before, right? Now you are withdrawnig from the opiates..... If you are on day two, I want to be honest, expect tomorrow to be like the "peak" of feeling crappy, which is kind of good news because with deep breaths, immodium AD, gatoraide, benadryl for sleep, bananas, heating pads, (those REALLY do work ALL that I just listed I mean it erally helps) I dont have a darn tub, but hot showers, if you ahve a tub, soak away, they help with the muscle aches. I have heard of people taking melatonin to sleep, its an herb, but I have no personal experience with it. Someone will be along soon with more experience, but I will tell you this, you are already doing it, you are making it through the withdrawals, which tells me you are STRONG and you WANT TO, CAN and WILL beat this wicked damn disease. I am just about through the physical wihtdrawals this time, but I am right there with you, I am FAR from being cured. I need to go to Meetings, (they do help) and I take anti depressants, so I have to take that properly.

Anyway, Im rambling, ok so listen, you are already on your way past the worst part, you are DOING IT, so keep it up, MAN you should be proud of yourself, there are sooooo many wonderful people on here that you are going to freak out!! You will have sooo much encouragement, and advice, this is a fantastic place, you picked the right one. So from me, WELCOME, and you are already almost done so CONGRATS, you have 2 days, start racking up those clean days, you are doing it. YOU are winning, NOT the damn disease.

There will be lots more people along later, and they will help, so I will go for now, again, welcome to SR, and man I KNOW how you are feeling. YOu arent alone,