View Single Post
Old 12-09-2007, 11:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
greeteachday
Administrator

Tough thing with a positive result

I've been trying to deal with things I have not had the heart to address over the past year. Some things I am still not ready for, but like all things recovery - baby steps.

We have an old pick up truck that we bought when Kristen was involved in Jumper competitions with her horse. (the very adorable Reddy or Not, who is doing so well with my sister's family in NH. They love him to pieces and he loves being in a field with a bunch of mares, lol Gives my sorta niece in law a really tough time when he has to go back in the stall...He Loves his ladies!)

Anyway, since we gave them Red and the trailer, the pick up has sat around and been used only to bring leaves and limbs to the recycling center. It is far too old to pass the new emission standards and to put any money into to get it up to speed. (But I do love the old girl...There's something about the feel of bouncing around in an old pick up that I just enjoy)

This weekend I notified the Salvation Army that I would like to donate the truck. They will come pick up undrivable vehicles and provide a receipt for charitable contributions. I think the Salvation Army does amazing work and the car donation program specifically goes to help fund their recovery programs. I'm glad that this truck Kristen and I spent so many happy hours in will go to helping addicts with no resources find recovery. I wish there were more programs like that and more I could do.