View Single Post
Old 12-08-2007, 08:06 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
marteen
Hug giver-outer!

Great thread!

My AD and the little granddaughter are doing quite well, actually. We (me, Mr. M, SD, AD and granddaughter) all spent a wonderful Thanksgiving together. We all saw a significant difference in AD's attitude and behavior!! Whoopee!

Things have gone even better since then and AD and dear little girl are coming over Christmas Eve and spending the night!!!! This is the first time in nearly 5 years that she will be spending the night! We are pretty excited about it and can't wait for Christmas morning to give some toys and other presents to grandbaby. SD will not be with us this year; poor girl, she is flying to CA to spend 3 weeks of her Christmas break with her old roommate and play tourist and see all the things she didn't get to see when she lived there.

So glad to be able to share this wonderful news about AD with all of you. Those of you who know me and my journey
with my AD know that this type of behavior from her is completely different. Last Christmas was the end of a year in which she would not allow us to talk to her or see our granddaughter, and now this!

It just has to lead you to believe that there is always hope and just when you think you have lost the war, you discover that you may have been wrong!

Best of the Holidays to everyone and your families!

Hugs,
Marteen