View Single Post
Old 12-06-2007, 08:16 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
krhea75
krhea75

My AS is home for an overnight. I've seen him quite a bit recently which is sometimes a blessing and sometimes a curse. He can be the whiniest, most ungrateful person. And then he can be a good kid. All of the drug tests have come back clean both at the outpatient program and the oxford house. So I think he is doing well there. His counselor told him that i he had a clean screen after new years he could come home.

I am doing pretty well. i am still struggling with holding on to my sanity at times. My moods swing according to the latest phone call, but I am really trying to put things in perspective. He is a spoiled brat who isn't getting what he wants so he has to gripe to mommy. Arrgh! So I guess you could say I am hardening in my feelings towards him. A good thing. It's taken me a while to get there. On the cool side, I went to a teacher's conference this week and rode up with a lady I didn't know too well. It turns out that her step son is currently in rehab. We had a good time sharing our struggles and I made a new friend. So God provides, even when we don't expect it.
krhea