View Single Post
Old 12-06-2007, 10:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
greeteachday
Administrator

Thanks Susan, I am glad that your daughter is doing well and trying so hard. I think the strength to battle the addiction demon is amazing and I have nothing but the utmost admiration for addicts working on recovery...It is such a difficult battle and the life lessons and self insight learned by working a program and yes, even by falling and getting back up, helps everywhere, not just with addiction.
I'm sorry she had to go through that hurt, but I know it is a learning experience for her as well. I hope it will strengthen her determination to move forward.
As for me, life on life's terms is rather hectic these days...Involved in a special project that includes lots of travel for the next month and a half...all one or two day stints. The timing with the holidays and the weather could be better (I keep my own personal entertainment pack of books, readings, puzzles, IPOD and portable DVD to address the hours stuck in airports for flight delays or cancellations...Had a flight cancel out on me yesterday that gave me a reprieve today!) But it is all good...I am grateful that I have an interesting job and that some people seek me out to help with issues affecting other states and national standards.

My daughter continues to thrive. She is settled in to the place she moved into in August, has a significant relationship with a truly caring guy who is working hard moving forward as well; a good program in place (even started speaking at meetings, recovery programs, etc) and now a permanent job with benefits too. (I know how excited you must feel that your daughter has benefits!) She is pursuing her degreee but usually the position she is in now requires a college degree...They really took a chance on her and she is very grateful. I know that she has talent, brains, personality and is a sweetheart...It is nice to see it all shining through again as she approaches 2 full years clean and sober.

Hugs and prayers to all - the members here and the loved ones who struggle with addiction. I hope everyone has holidays filled with peace and joy.