Old 12-05-2007, 07:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
BigSis
On a tear

Do you have a sponsor? I think any conversations about stuff I discover in a 4th step inventory need to be with her.

My resentments are mine. As are my amends.

One thing you might note - the amends step is quite a bit FURTHER down the line - there is a reason for that. We have to be far more healthy to make honest amends.... a true amends can sometimes be more... or less ... than "I'm sorry".

If your Addicted Partner (did I get that right?) is still actively using meth - I would not imagine you can have much of a meaningful conversation with her regarding any aspect of your relationship.

During Active addiction, my job has been to detatch... with love. I can work the steps, but that process is done separate from my family and friends... they are not an active part of it, for me.

My daughter's drug of choice is meth. I had a truck load of resentments toward her, and you bettcha I had/have some resentments that have built up along the way. My resolution of those resentments has generally entailed ME lowering MY expectations of another person. That other person has no need to be involved in this process.

I don't get rid of a resentment for any other reason than it hurts ME. My anger is a poison to MY system. I need to rid myself of it so I can make better choices in the future.

Even though I've figured out a lot of stuff on my own - by reading and going to face to face meetings - I truly believe my sponsor's input has been invaluable in working my steps.

After all, if I could work a recovery program by myself, I probably wouldn't need a program like Alanon or site like Sober Recovery.

I wish you the best....

((hugs))