View Single Post
Old 12-04-2007, 11:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Aa_vark

hi rez, hi phinny,

good topic

Gods will, hmmm....

What would God do....

I like this topic, and i think that there is alot of good writing on the subject.

I think that the golden rule is most applicable, when im no sure what to do.

Love god above all, love your neighbors as you would love yourself.

That was a painful mindbender, as i treated my self so horribly when i was using. Inventory was hard. Seeing where i was wrong, many times bringing bad attitude, bad consequences, to every situation.

I have to work on that stuff, and keep it simple, most of the time, too. Lest I forget.

My spiritual condition=my level of serenity=my willingness to put someones needs before my own=my connection with God=My chances at recovering today.

I put so many things ahead of others, my own needs and compulsions;

I try to remember now that inorder to remove the blockages from recovery, from gods will for me, i need to move towards people, and thwir needs, whats best for us... Not just me.

I try to move outside of my self-centeredness, towards other people... to get to gods will....

I try to bring what god would have me bring to the party... Even if im getting something out of a situation, if my motives are self seeking i cant stay in giving/loving/helping frame of mind

Oh, something powerful i heard about step 3-4. And turning my will and life over to god...

the first time i did the thirdstep, on my knees, outloud with someone (in AA), before he handed me the pencil, he shared that moving from the decision to the action, of taking a moral inventory was most likely the first time i had done gods will in a LOooooonnnng time.... had to take a look at my own behaivior inorder to move back towards people, to move back towards god...

in order to turn my LIFE over, i would have to start to try to correct my wrongs. Try to do the "right" things for the "right" reasons...

Last edited by Aa_vark; 12-04-2007 at 11:35 AM.