Thread: Hey guys
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2002, 01:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Post Hey guys

Just wanted to let you all know that we are ok. I posted a bit of an update on MG's Ben and Jerry's post to me(what a hoot)and I don't want to go over it all again.

My GS went home this morning (he has been with us for the last several days)but not before I had a meltdown. I found myself frozen in fear for his future and I didn't want to let him go. My son makes poor choices with him (he has had him in a bar at nite) and I cannot bear the thought of him ever being afraid again. Just then his other gramma called (HP to the rescue)and I got to share some of my thoughts and then I felt a bit better and took him home. I can't tell her not to let my GS go with my son because I can't say I would stick with that. It depends on the situation. My H said (wisely) that myself and my GS's mother KNEW my son...and we learned the hard way to avoid being manipulated and she will learn too, but she will make mistakes and we can't judge her for that. She knows my son very well but I think she may be a very small bit unprepared for the level of manipulation she may face.

My son did not one time come to our home and spend the nite with his son...and I did offer. Last nite after the funeral he went to a friends.

Now that my GS is gone maybe I can take the time to break down and begin to grieve the loss of a young girl who was like a daughter to me..we were both a Cancer(2 days apart)and very much alike. For her age she was a very good mother and my GS got a very good start because of her. He has wonderful manners.

And I found out this week that in public bathrooms he lifts the seat with a piece of toilet paper in his hand and puts TP around the seat (3 pieces gramma) so an end is in the water and you don't have to touch it when you flush. Absolutely the son of a single mother...

Peace amid the storm,
JT

<small>[ May 25, 2002, 03:44 PM: Message edited by: Just Tired ]</small>