Thread: So confused
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2002, 05:08 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
helluvagalnva
Paused

Welcome LittleOne!!!

There are alot of wonderful and caring people here and I hope you will find comfort in posting here just as much as I do. Read some of the other post and you'll learn that most of us here definitely understand.

First, you must realize that he can't quit drinking for YOU. He has to want to stop for HIMSELF. It doesn't matter what kind of job he has, if he wants to really quit drinking - he will.

We have an addition too - we're addicted to the alcoholic. That's why it's so hard for us to let go. It's why we always want to fix them, change them. Once we get sucked in it's soooo hard to get out.

My A is my spouse of 9 years (have been separated for almost 2 years and have 3 children). We still love each other very much. For me, I couldn't live with the constant roller coaster anymore and I wanted so much more for my children. My heart and brain are in daily battles. After years of disappointment and heartache I've finally realized that I too have a disease and I'm learning about alcoholism.

Coming here has really helped me and I look forward to talking to these fine people every day. Read as much as you can on addiction. It will help you to understand that you can't control it amoung other things.

Take Care

Love, Galnva

Bonbon -

I'm so proud of you. It sounds like you're doing so much better and I think it's wonderful that you're doing the daily readings. You're terrific!!!
Thanks