Thread: So confused
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2002, 12:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bonbon

Arrow

Little One,
Hey again...Your last post reminds me of a reading in the Al-Anon book entitiled- One Day at a Time in Al-anon, but I can't find that reading at the moment, so I am going to post one of my favorites that has helped me. The reading I wanted to post talked about the fact that the alcoholic ALREADY feels and enormous sense of guilt about their actions, and for the most part they don't have to be reminded of that. In my experience with my A, he has not been emotionally there for me, meaning sometimes I want to slap sense into him and make him see what he is doing, 9 times out of ten though they do see it, keep in mind this is a disease that you did not cause him to have.

Here is the reading, it comes from a wonderful book you can get at the live Al-anon meetings, it has VERY insightful daily readings. If you can try to get to one, it can help alot, just like coming here.

August 3 reading from One Day at a time in Al-anon.

Sometimes I find myself so busy wondering what someone else is doing, and where and why, that my own thoughts create turmoil inside me. When this happens, I know I'm a candidate for a rude awakening!
I must not forget that my first obligation is to work out changes in my own thinking patterns. My progress depends on making these changes, and so does improvement I long for in the circumstances of my life.

Todays Reminder~ I can change nothing but myself. Do I need changing? If things are going wrong-or seem to be-maybe its because of the way I'm reacting to them. If I accept the fact that the principal source of my unhappiness is in me, I'll be giving myself a good reason to do something about me. It isn't easy~~ but the rewards are beyond reckoning!!

Keep coming here, it helps!