View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 07:01 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
AcceptingChange

I became a non-believer about 10 years ago. But i eased my way into it. I wasn't absolutely, positively sure of my new conclusions at the time. So, I just went about my life, testing it out,
Over time, i stopped doing the things those around me do. Going to church, praying at meals, etc. They pick up on it. They're smart. They're curious.

I don't want to be a Born Again Atheist, intent on making everyone around me believe what I believe. I'm not hostile to other people's beliefs. Most of the believers I know are nice and easy to get along with. They haven't even read the Bible. I actually feel that I'm more idea-driven than they are. So i used to quibble biblical quotes with these believers, and they respond with "Jesus just wants us all to love each other, so please stop creating these arguments." So i did. I can be kind of a pain in the arse like that, getting too deep and literal into things.
now, i'm friends with all kinds of people, believers and non-believers alike. I don't care what ideas they carry around in their head, if we get along.