View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 06:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
CatsPajamas
Forum Leader

Hi Golden Guru and welcome to Sober Recovery. You'll find many people here with situations similar to yours. Hopefully more will be along soon to share their experience, strength and hope.

In my situation, I realized that adult choices meant adult consequences. Breaking the law means legal consequences. It isn't something that "I do to him", it's the natural consequence of him breaking the law.

I have read many stories about loved ones in prison, and many times the family members are relieved that s/he is in prison where at least there is a roof over the person's head, 3 meals a day and opportunities for growth and healing if the person chooses them.

It's sad that your family has to go thru this. I invite the family to visit our site and to read thru the hundreds of posts and stickies here. The overwhelming theme is the sooner we step back and allow our loved ones to deal with their own consequences, the sooner our lives become calmer and richer... and many of our loved ones sought a program of recovery.

Hugs

Cats