View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 04:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
marle

Smile My Thanksgiving:)

My daughter came for dinner. She was an hour late, but I told my husband beforehand to plan according to the addict's schedule and not to be thinking that we would eat at 4. He was a bit crabby about the delay, but I told him it is only food and you have not seen your daughter for almost 9 months, so be grateful that she is coming. (She did phone and let me know she would be late.) I could tell that she was high, but it was not dropping your face in your plate high, so it was doable. She now has a cell phone and told me that I can call her anytime I want. Before I would not call because it was the abf's phone and I do not like hearing his voice. It was a nice dinner and she was very pleasant. She was clean, had on makeup, was dressed nice and even had lost weight. She took some more of her clothes now that she can fit into them. The one thing she needed was a coat and so I gave her one of my old ones that I no longer wear. She if having a hard time with the asthma. She was very short on breath and told me that she was just on antibiotics for a severe cold. I don't know which will get her first, the asthma or the drugs. I did not discuss drugs or recovery with her. Just talked about things that we are both doing. She has moved to another town about 2 hours away. She told me the abf was picked up for non payment of child support, spent two hours in jail and has a court date. I think that is the reason for the frequent moves, but that is his sh*t and I won't let myself lose sleep over it Anyway, I hope you all had a good turkey day and I made sure to send the leftovers home with the daughter. That saves me the trouble of throwing them out next week. Hugs, Marle