Thread: S.C. Check-in
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 10:59 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
The Man
Of a very foolish nature

Nothing like a well-researched book on a subject one is interested it, hope you enjoyed it Alera.

Worked my socks off at work. I try and put every ounce of effort into it; I guess I am just making up for the half-decade or so of slacking off. But now I'm knackered and I've got two and half hour's (grammer question to clever cloggs: should there be an apostrophe before the 's' in the 'hour's' I just wrote??) studying to do...

...Done some CBT at lunch - went well. I've had a few troubling worries going on recently, and to write them down, pick them apart, re-frame them etc was very helpful. I don't use CBT much, but it really is such a useful tool to get my mind moving on from worries etc and toward 'growth' (got issues wit that word, don't know why).

I have decided not to post on any subjects on SR unless I am going to apply constructive feedback. Yes, I have some deeply felt criticisms of A.A, but to constantly engage in confrontation with AA members is not really helping anyone. Someone else can fight that battle.

Oh, and another thing, I've been feeling lonely recently. I've put in a lot of effort on that front, but in this city it seems everyone is a pub-monster, party person, etc. I need to look harder for places that value other things apart from drinking...

See you tomorrow. Given up on Sartre - about as easy as reading brail.