View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 04:55 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
GiveLove

GoodKarma,

Why are you telling him anything?

I'm so sorry. You can't change him, and you can't control his choices, and you can't make him have values like yours.

You can only decide if you want to spend your life with someone like him or not (doing drugs, hanging out with whores and dealers and alcoholics, "losing" cars, going to jail, making excuses, lying, exposing himself to HIV, etc.) It really is that simple. You keep trying to change him, make him "see the light" ......Is that the best you are willing to give yourself? This is the life you envisioned when you were a little girl? This is your dream man?

Sorry, I don't mean that like it sounds. I didn't start feeling sane & healthy again until I asked myself that.....my alcoholic, drug addict, unfaithful, lying, abusive X...."this is my dream guy, huh?" Finally I stopped trying to make my X into the person I wanted him to be. Think about cutting these lovely little chats with him short, letting him take the consequences of his choices, and focusing on what you want YOUR life to be like instead....just my two cents. You deserve a lot better than that dreadful stuff....

Hugs,
GL