Thread: Double winners
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2003, 10:07 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Just Deb
Paused

Hi. Remember me? In regards to my initial post, I got over myself. "...other people's behavior belongs to them and I don't have to make it mine by reacting to it." (Hope for Today-November 7th) Hey, this program business really works! I guess a pissy streak can happen to anyone, she just happened to catch me when I was pretty low. Then I bucked up and decided it would be a better choice, for me, to attend both meetings ('cuz I need em!) and learn appropriate ways to handle such a situation, should it arise again. So far, so good. Most of the DW's are primarily sticking to one meeting so the timid newbies are reappearing at the other.

I love this program. I've only been here three months or so, but I can hardly believe the change in me! I began a spiritual journey about two years ago but spent much time 'in the desert'. I couldn't completely let go and trust even in God. I wanted to but kept tripping over old baggage and I didn't make that discovery until I crossed the street to Al-Anon. Consequently, I don't feel so urgently fragile and my spiritual life is blooming again. Did I mention I love this program? Thanks for all your input and support!