View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 07:01 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
starting_over

I forgot to add the most hurtful and potent message he has ever sent in my direction. He has not attempted to contact me even once on his own, nor has he responded to my few feeble attempts to contact him in a year. It's like I never existed, and yet I was the "love of his life", the one he "couldn't live without", the "best thing that ever happened to him". He did get a bit choked up on the night that I left and handed him the keys to our house. After that...nothing. Not one word to me. Not one word to my sons who loved him like a father (they're both grown). Not one word period. How does one deal with something so cruel...or make sense of it all? I feel like a ghost. Like I never existed. Like the life, love, laughter, friendship and marriage I shared with him for 10 years was a dream. I've moved on with my life, but I'm haunted...is this "silent" response of his a symptom of addiction or of a purely dysfunctional human being? Don't most people grieve the loss of love and a spouse in their lives?