View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 06:53 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
starting_over

I think I may have posted some of these before but even now, a year after I left him, the absurdity of some of the things that he said to me (or screamed at me) still ring in my head at times:

- "Well at least I never put a needle in my arm or robbed a convenience store clerk"
- "My addiction to drugs is no different from your cigarette smoking" (ummm...I never spent $7000 on cigarettes in 8 weeks...)
- "Number of crimes I've committed or been the victim of while buying drugs? ZERO!" (huh?...does this statement seem bizarre to anyone but me?)
- Then here's another one... "I may have done bad things and been a bad person while I was with you, but YOUR reaction to these things is something I DO NOT HAVE TO TOLERATE IN MARRIAGE" (again, all I can say is...huh? or WTF?)
- Me: "Who's that in the taxi with you?". Him: "Just a friend".
- "I wouldn't touch a woman like that...I only did crack with her because I knew she wouldn't rob me. I never even took my shoes off" (for 2 days...?)
- "It's my money too"
- "Mind your own &%$#ing business"
- "I don't &%$#ing report to you"
- "All you care about is &%$#ing money"
- "Grow the &%$# up"
- "Shut the &%$# up"
- "You're &%$#ing CRAZY"
- "You're &%$#ing PARANOID"
- "You're &%$#ing over-reacting, AS USUAL!"
- "You never &%$#ing loved me"
- "You never &%$#ing knew me"
- "I'm not &%$#ing chained to you" (we were married)
- "Leave me the &%$# alone"
- "Get the &%$# out of my life"

So. I got out. And I have learned since then that I was the abusive one...according to him. Am I nuts? I spoiled him rotten...this is what I got in return. Why?