Old 11-13-2007, 03:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
nytepassion
Drug Addiction Has No Mercy

Of course the addict is going to blame you, me and anyone else... it is part of addict behavior ..It has to be everyone and everything else BUT the addiction (denial) it is the gas that keeps us going (so to speak) hell, if we actually realized the truth and could admit it we'd come face to face with the need to change things. Snorting to smoke to shooting (the needle) doesn't mean rock bottom .. it means the addict is chasing the dragon (the high from snorting isn't cutting it no more, smoking it doesn't get it so now lets see what the needle does... and if that gets old the drug of choice might just change (ex: speed to heroin *or both together*) what looks like it should be rock bottom for the addict to us is not what rock bottom is to the addict .. and when it looks like the addict just might hit rock bottom they grab a shovel and dig a little deeper.

No matter what you are not to blame ... and the addict is pissed (when you don't stand by them) sum that up to I'm pissed that you didn't cosign my addiction and let me have my cake and eat it too. The active addict isn't going to come up and thank you for not enabling them ... The recovering addict is the one that can appreciate all that you didn't do to help them feed their addiction .. and is more likely to express gratitude to you. You know all you've tried and done .. knowing deep down in your heart that you did all that you could do and more, that you sincerely tried above and beyond ... You've embrace and accepted that and are okay within yourself and with who you are today is all the validation you need -

Let the peace flow
Passion