View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 08:09 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
bluebellgirl

hi guys, i'm glad i'm not alone, although im sorry that everyone who replied is sufferering either with bpd or a loved one with bpd..

I just wanted to offer some hope..
since i got help 3 years ago with an amazing psyc nurse, got on meds and found an amazing parter, some of my bpd traits are healing.. i do believe it is possible to get your life on track but with a lot of support.

For me, my diagnosis helped me understand myself and the severe trauma i experienced as a child( repettitive sexual abuse, violence from my father,) left me with dysfunctional coping strategies such as addictions, self harm.. i am finally getting on top of these.

I still struggle with feeling empty, terrified of abandonment, depression, anxiety, dissociation, flashbacks .., black and white thinking, , an inability to deal with stress and critisism, and hearing voices sometimes.

i was never allowed to express anger so i turned it inward and am still trying to build my self esteem up..
but i feel that there is hope..

bpd is a complex mental illlness which needs long term care and usually meds, my only regret is that i didnt get given help when i was younger. hugs to you all, bluebell x