View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 07:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
fallen17star
I'm here of my own free will..

Girl, I know exactlly how you feel. I am a recovering addicit and when I got out of rehab my boyfriend was going in. I didn't want a relationship but I could'nt get him out if my head! So I figured I'd go see him. well I did. When I went him looked disgusting. Well the week after he looked damn good! His coun. told me that he was actually interacting in meeting and eating and moving around. He also told me that additics just need to know someone is there for them. Even if we want to strighten up ourselves its almost like a slap in the face to see that someone we screwed over so bad is still here. It makes us feel like we are worth taking us some space in this world. I am back with my man now b/c he has proven to me that he doesn't want to go back into his old ways. I understand what you mean about you being an enabler but even if you are you are still a good person. It shows that you worried about what other things his addiction could lead to. You didn't know exactlly what you were doing. You thought you were helping. Try going to al-anon... my family found it very fulfilling. If you need anything just let me know! -Breanna
"Tomorrow's a fantasy, yesterday's gone... there's only today"
:ghug3