View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 06:06 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Sugah
Om, Aum, Ohm...

I wouldn't recommend my detox for anyone, as I'm not a doctor, but like Windy, I came off everything all at once. I was mixing high doses of Valium (in excess of 100mg/day) and Klonopin (15-20mg or more at a time) with excessively high doses of opiates (oxys & Vicadins). I refused all detox drugs and had to have my vitals monitored every hour on the hour round the clock. It may not have been smart, but the alternative for me was death. If I couldn't get off everything, I fully intended to end my life.

I have no idea how much of my PAWS was from benzos, how much from opiates, how much from coke, how much from booze...all I know is that, looking back, most of my first six months clean is a fog. But then, so were the previous twenty years.

I stayed clean and went to meetings, worked my steps with a sponsor, kept putting one foot in front of the other, and things got better. And I know I'm getting off topic, but I have to mention this: when I got clean, I was so scattered, my attention span was so poor, I couldn't read. I couldn't focus to read. I'm in what I expect to be my 7th Dean's list semester, and I'm due to graduate in the spring, if not summa *** laude, then magna *** laude at the very least.

Good for you in not wanting to go up in dose. Benzos are the arch enemy of clear thinking.

Peace & Love,
Sugah