Thread: HELP friends!
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 05:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
krhea75
krhea75

HELP friends!

So, my son has been at the recovery house, working and doing well, supposedly. He's been there 45 days and said he was coming home this weekend because he had his first overnight. Then he said, well I'll just take the bus home on Sat and you can take me back that night. I thought that was weird, but I thought maybe he's afraid to stay home because of the user friends. ha. Turns out he took the bus home on Thursday, has been staying with friends, going to drinking parties. My oldest son found out through mutual friends. I am so angry at him. I kept calling him last night, and finally he returned my call, insisiting that he was still at the recovery house. Even said he would let me talk to one of the guys at the house. I told him he could find his way back to bloomington, I wasn't taking him.

So now, he will probably get kicked out of the recovery house. He's only 17, but he has the kahunas of a 25 year old. I don't know what this means for his legal situation, but I need some advice from you all. Should I call the cops? He's staying with some people who are known to throw drinking parties for teens. Should I just let it go, let him fin his way back to the recovery house and suffer the consequences? If he gets kicked out of there, I don't know what will happen. Possibly jail, possibly being on his own.

I don't even know what to feel right now...numb, angry, scared, my emotions are running the gamut. I do know that the first place I felt like coming to was this site. You all are a life line when things suck.

krhea