Old 11-03-2007, 04:48 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Elana
Bridge CLOSED

Cynical one... I did that but mail still comes through and the forward expires in 6 months. His did anyway. I got a package from his lawyer to settle his Mother's Estate (for instance). If it is less than First Class it doesn't forward and a bunch of other things the forward expires on within 90 days.

He had stuff forwarded to a PO Box. Well for ID purposes, the IRS, DMV and State Tax people want your LEGAL address.. and a PO box won't cut it.

He is slippery. He used to work for a few different process servers and a bounty hunter. fortunately (for me) this was before the "electronic age" where information is easily gotten AND transferred and shared between sources. He knows ways to "disappear" and has in the past to allow the Statue of Limitations run on money he has owed to the IRS and others.

How the heck I ever got wrapped up ins this low-life still amazes me. It is that fact alone that has me well determined to not share my life again with any so-called partner. Who do you trust? I knew this guy for 6 years... or thought I did.

Nope. Better to live alone with no one than share life with a scam artist or a scum bag or a drug addict or an alcoholic.

I am happy now in so many ways. I find the single life a whole lot simpler and much more easily handled (until the car breaks down!). I have a distance I keep from relationships that is my comfort range... about 1000 feet...