View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 06:39 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Lobo

(((Trisha)))

I am so sorry to hear this. Even though you knew all along that things were bad you didn't need it to be confirmed and reminded of it when your hands are tied and you cannot do a damn thing about it. He of all people should know that. I think his intentions were that he thought that he might be helping. Maybe he would like if someone did that for him and he was appauled that you didn't have the same response that he would have.

I know it hurts and it hurts bad to hear all of the awful things our daughters do to survive in their adiction. Once I had an old friend of my daughter's call me and asked me if I knew she was prostituting herself for drugs. I was crushed and I told him I didn't want to hear that and I wasn't sure if I believed it or not. He asked me if I checked her phone for numbers. I said I hadn't and even if I did I wouldn't know who those numbers were anyway. I remember telling him I did not appreciate the call. I hung up and just sat and cried my eyes out. I just felt like I wanted to die. To go to sleep and never wake up again. That was about 5 yrs. ago, and I still feel like it was yesterday. I never really found out if it were true or not. I did confront my daughter about it at the time but of course she denied it. I have since close the door on that and tried to move on. I know that she has done many things that she is not proud of when she was deep in her addiction. She has told me that herself.
We have moved forward and for today she is doing really well.

They do get better if they want to. Your daughter will too in her time. Please don't lose hope. I also have had many dark, dark days and nights and to this day do not know how I got through them....but I did.

My prayers are going out to you to mend your broken heart.

Love.........Lois