View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 02:11 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
TrishaV

Thank you everyone...and..a special thank to Impurrrfect. I think I needed to hear what you had to say because it is all so easy to take the words of others but hearing it from someone who recovered and was in the same place as my daughter makes me beleive that I am doing what needs to be done. Again..thank you!! I too feel that even if I were to reach out to her that she would be back out there in a matter of days if not hours and I don't think I could stand that type of failure again (on my part).

I honestly think this man means well but what I don't get is his daughter is still out there and he is raising his grandson. I guess the difference is that he doesn't know where his daughter is...and..from his tone...if he did he would go and pick her up.

I know in my heart, that isn't something I can do...simply because I beleive in tough love and the saying hands off the addict. I tried to get her help when she wanted it but evidently she didn't want it bad enough or wanted it for the wrong reasons.

I think I am just having a relapse that I need to pick myself back up and dust myself off. I spoke with my husband during my major breakdown and he and I are going away this weekend just by ourselves. This is a much needed break not to mention I try not to be emotional infront of my grandchildren. They have enough greif in their life they don't need grandma losing it.

Thanks again to everyone!! This support is just awsome!!