View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 02:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
marle

Trisha, I am sorry that this man did that to you. He had no right. He is not walking in your shoes. My daughter is living the vagabond life with her crack addict boyfriend. Everytime I see her (and that is not very frequently) there is a new wrinkle added to the progression of her addiction. My daughter knows that she is loved. She knows that I will support any stab at recovery that she is willing to make. She knows that she is killing herself. She is not ready. Neither is your daughter and until our daughters are willing to take that step to help themselves there is nothing that we can do except love them and let them fall. We are not helpless. We have the power of faith and prayer to help us. Your daughter knows that she is loved. But right now love is the last thing on her mind. We both know that. I would ignore what that person said to you as hard as it is. You are doing the best that you can with a situation that would bring the strongest person to their knees. You take care of yourself, get some rest, eat something healthy and do something that makes you happy. You really must keep yourself healthy so that someday if and when your daughter wants recovery, you will be there with your wonderful mom love. Hugs, Marle