Thread: Dr. Phill
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2003, 09:41 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Stephanie

Wow, great thread guys.

I agree that your bottom is the day you surrender. Actually I may have just realized this. I always thought my bottom happened the first time I got sober because it was so so bad. I lost everything tangible in my life and due to methamphetamine poisoning became mentally unstable and physically was dehydrated, etc. I wound up in the hospital and rehab because it was either that or die.

That was my physical and mental bottom

Once I got my health back mentally and physically, the boyfriend back, the car back, and the good job back....I relapsed.

When I came back after that I had reached an emotional and spiritual bottom because I had never experienced the hopelessness in my soul like I did the day I realized that being sober didn't work for me and using didn't work for me. There was an empty feeling that there was nothing real or worthwhile inside of me and I didn't want to be that person anymore.

I think maybe Chy, you reached your spiritual and emotional bottom before you reached a physical bottom. The emotional bottom for me was the true bottom because I surrendered.