Thread: Dr. Phill
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2003, 03:10 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Chalkie
Paused

Chy, Jon, thank you again for describing your experiences and your thoughts, they really are beneficial to me. I will continue going to Al-Anon but I'm not really sure it is what I need as I have not really suffered any consequences due to my A's addiction, perhaps because we haven't been together 24/7 and I only saw him 'enjoy' the 2 beers (high alcohol content) after work each evening and perhaps if we had lunch together. I honestly felt more comfortable and more informed at the AA meeting I attended yesterday...I don't think I need to worry about ME at this point, as I have been unaffected by his drinking (but I'm laying the groundwork to protect myself if necessary by attending Al Anon), but I want to learn more so what he's experiencing and how I can best support him.

I know I'm not the reason for his addiction, I got scared because he stated he was doing his rehab because he doesn't want to lose me and if he were to continue on the path he was on, he knows for sure he would lose me (and he's right, once I caught on!). I want to know that he's doing this for himself...I'm only secondary. If he isn't doing this for himself, then I fear he will blame me should he "hiccup"...but...One Day At A Time.