Thread: Dr. Phill
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2003, 12:52 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Daffodil
Queen of one liners

Dear all, I didn't watch the show , I havent been to Dr.Phil's site...I have been where a"codie" can go because what I was doing wasn't working for me....
I am talking Al-Anon!
I went because I had tried everything else I could think of, and read about.....I was sick and tired of being sick and tired.....All the things I'd read about, all the things I tried, all the prayers I'd said just weren't working...No one I loved so much could see what they were doing to themselves or anyone else....Physically I was a wreck....emotionally I couldn't go any farther, spiritually I was down and out.....I became willing to do anything but live the way I was.

My WORKING the Al-Anon program gave me back my life....which I had turned over to other human beings who were as sick as I was...my self-worth, my self image, my well being, my spirituality ALL depended on what someone else was doing, thinking, saying, or not doing.ECT.,Ect.

I will not give up loving the alcoholics in my live....but I will not condone, or except unacceptable behavior either...I don't know the anwser to most of the questions that this thread has bought up... TODAY, I do know the 12 Steps and 12 Traditions work for me and they work for thousands of members of A.A. All I have to do is be willing to do the simple things the program asks me to do.

Yes, maybe Dr. Phil has a program that works for him...I am glad! Maybe intervention works for some.....If anyone of you has a plan you think will work and want to try it please be my guest....only have one reguest, come back and tell us if it worked..

A message for Chy or any one who is in A.A, N.A. or any other 12 step program that is working to recover....Please come and share whenever you'd like....I need to know you are there and you that are making progress...I need to know not only for me to keeping believing in mircles but I need to know that the 12 Step programs will be there if and when the people in my life choose to change their lives.

You all are mircles in progress....living, loving, and learning just as I am.
God Bless.