Thread: Dr. Phill
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2003, 11:40 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Sally
Awaiting Email Confirmation

can of worms

wow.....did this open a can of worms or what...

Yes it is true...the legal system...doesn't always work for us..

I guess it all comes down to Step#1

and yes maybe even if we did force people into rehab.....they still may not recover...

so it really is out of our control...ultimatly....I put my hands up.....

I understand how frustrating the suggustion of taking a bubble bath may have been.
when I first went seeking help for my A..who I thought was going to die...was killing him..self tears in my eyes I asked what can I do to help him....and IF THE RESPONCE HAD OF BEEN JUST GO TAKE a bubble bath I think I would have jumped out of my skin..what I did get was a response somewhat similar they said......LET GO....TAKE CARE OF YOUR SELF.. I remember how dissipointed I was...I couldn't accept that I was just going to do nothing but sit and watch my A indirectly kill himself and destroy our life world ext.
but.....
sometimes....when our world is crazy...living with our A...we need to be reminded to continue to take care of ourselves..Our Basic humane needs , sleep, eat ext.taking care of our own mental health,
we may need to a time-out from the craziness and take some time for our selves, it may be meditation....for some, it may be walking,or for some it may be having a BUBBLE BATH....

regards sally