View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 11:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
GiveLove

Hi Jenny,

I'm sorry you're going through this. You sound like a very nice lady and you deserve so much better. AlAnon meetings helped me a lot when I was living in an isolated situation trying to deal with alcoholism. They also helped me to see -- and find -- other options for people to establish relationships with.

As I see it, there is no reason in the world that you should settle for an abusive alcoholic/addict who obviously has extreme mental problems. If some other woman you cared about came to you and told you the story you just told us...would you say, "Absolutely! You should do all you can for him. I mean, what's not to love about a mean-spirited, verbally abusive, self-centered, bisexual, smelly, unemployed, alcoholic addict?

That might sound harsh but....think now. Is that what you always wanted for yourself, ever since you were little? Is that going to make you look back on your life, decades from now, and say, "Yep, he was all I needed. I've been so happy with him all these years."

Find another complex. Get out where you can meet people who are normal, loving, friendly, and "together" and get to know THEM, people who will help you enjoy life and grow. This isn't a good situation for you or for anyone.

Hugs,
GL