View Single Post
Old 10-28-2007, 04:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
brighthope

Daughter is mentally ill

My daughter (who is in her early 20's) is mentally ill - she is extremely delusional and drinking very heavily. There have been numerous life threatening episodes in the last few years, in which I am called in to deal with police, emergency rooms, etc..

She has gotten so much sicker lately.

There is something new now - she has now begun to attack me! The pain and betrayal and hurt is almost too much to bear. I have been the only person who has stuck with her the last few years. Every week, I have made sure she had food and necessities when she was on welfare.

And she is now accusing me of stealing from her. She actually called the police to complain about me! I know she is doing this because she is so sick, but how much can a mother take?

Now in addition to greif and sadness and worry, I can add fear to my burden. I am now afraid that she might become vindicitve against me as she gets sicker. And she keeps getting sicker because she is in total denial that she needs help.

And no matter how hard I try, I cannot get any help for her. Every time she has come into contact with the hospital here, they have turned her away.

Sorry for the sad rant - I am in a very depressed state of mind.