View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 04:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
kelsh

I can't imagine such a thing! I have been watching a TV Show called Intervention & they show the treatment centers and the Program Directors or what-ever. Anyway I see some of the men with the slick backed so called small pompom on the tops of their head....if they have enough hair....and they look like money hungry men to me.

There are others that seem sincere and many of the woman are sincere but there are also the for profit only women too.

A lot of Recovering addicts and alcoholics become counselors or even run the programs. Some are very good and do a very good job but like everything else, there are some that shouldn't be doing the job.

I knew an alcoholic counselor that was a Cocaine addict but decided he could drink because cocaine was his problem. He eventually got fired from his job.

It takes all kinds to make up our society at large, but something as serious as going to a Rehab Center to get help or a halfway house to stay clean/sober is not a place to put temptations or ideas in the way by offering a job such as that.

I have a nephew that lived in a halfway house for four years and worked at a job of his choice that worked for him. Eventually he got his old job back when his employer saw him one day walking down the street.

It is good that your son is questioning this job and plans to talk to the Director. I am still amazed that something like this can happen. What's next??

kelsh