View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 11:21 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
RK2007
smileyologist and lord of bees

Originally Posted by Jfanagle View Post
I abused alcohol for 25 years plus. two fifths of Canadian Club whiskey a day at the end. If my response was not to your liking then by all means feel free to ignore it. I have been down the same road you are going down and therefore I am not addressing a problem that I "read about" somewhere.

Sorry I hurt your feelings; I only know the hard way to get sober. If you have a gentler path or someone gives you advice more to your liking then obviously you should follow that road. I have attended too many funerals in the past several years to sugar coat what I have seen. I haven't tip toed around anything to this point and I will continue to march in the direction that has served me well to this point.

If your direction and thinking is serving you well then stay the course and ignore the cheek of the SOBs you don't care for.

In fact do what I have done more than a few times, stay sober to prove to some old curmudgeon that he is wrong!!

I will look forward to you serving me a healthy platter of crow which I will gladly eat bite by bite on your 1ST sober birthday.

Jon
I'm sorry for lashing out Jon...

It's just that I thought you were questioning the sincerity of my efforts, almost likening them to those of a child trying to give up sweets...

Lets just be friends and work at staying sober together!!! :ghug2

Day 6 for me - trust me, each day is a minor miracle for me and I'm already feeling great for being sober at the moment which is encouragement in itself, but I'm well aware of the dangers too; I've never made it past a few weeks sober but then I've never needed medication to stave off withdrawal either!!!

I've decided it's best for me not to be around my friends at the moment, till I can figure out a strategy to cope with the fact that people do drink and do so all the time without me resorting to drinking too...

One day at a time my friend; again, my sincerest apologies for lashing out at you...

All the best,

Vincent.