View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 07:38 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I'm sure there are better positives, but I certainly can't see them yet!
Sure there are lots of positives here.

He wants to go back to an Oxford House, so his focus and plan is to get his recovery underway and try again. The willingness to do that is a huge positive that he wants recovery, not active addiction.

He is alive and well and not in the hospital or jail or worse, where many addicts end up when they relapse.

He has learned from this, they always learn something, and that is positive.

And they don't "lose" their clean time, that was also a time of growth and learning and they still have those lesson and that good experience and know how much better sobriety is.

And for you...you too have learned that we, and they, really have one day at a time to maintain our good place. That's a biggee.

And every day they are sober is a miracle. Your son has many miracles and will fine one more today.

And...if you have learned that his relapse sends YOU to your bed to hide...maybe, just maybe, this will be the nudge you need to get yourself to some meetings and build your support and acquire tools to cope with whatever life hands you.

Since the Codie Police already tagged you, I will forego the steel toed bunny slippers...for now...perhaps...