Thread: New to ACA
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2003, 08:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
tloweod
Paused

first al-anon meeting

thank you both for your replies. i tried my first al-anon meeting last night. i had to do something because the night before was horrible. i had my ex's # ready to dial even know it is exactly what i don't need to do. i ended up calling everyone else, but it didn't really settle me down much. i read pretty late and tossed and turned all night. at the meeting, i can't tell you how many emotions i ran through while the members shared their feelings. i wanted to say so much, but i kept quiet.

i have been very emotional lately. as i was driving to work today i started crying right out of the blue. i think you're right. i'm really starting to stir some things up. there is so much more to this recovery than i ever imagined. i can slowly feel all the emotions. it is very overwhelming at times. so, with my schedule permitting, i'm going to try to attend as many meetings as i can.

as for what i like to do, i don't have a lot of time to do much. i try to go to the gym when i can, but right now i don't have much of a social pipeline. any suggestions?