View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 08:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Lobo

How things fall apart overnight

As you all know my daughter has been doing very well lately. Well last night she had a date with a guy that she just met and really doesn't know. I was nervous about it but had to let it and her go. Funny thing the way she met him......she was out with me. We were out having dinner and she went outside to smoke because the resturant is non-smoking. Sitting outside on a park bench this cute guy came over to her and they began talking. One thing lead to another and when she came back to the table she told me she just met a really hot guy and he asked for her phone no. Well, you know she doesn't have a phone.......she gave him my cell no. I didn't know what to say, but I realize that she is a young pretty girl and that is how you meet people. To make a long story short they had a date last night. I was nervous all evening. I did meet him, he came to my house. I know where he works, where he lives. (very close to us). Seems like a good guy, but I basically trust no one anymore. Now keep in mind he doesn't know her or anything about her either.

Well, around 12:30 last night I get a call from him. He said he thought I would be worried about her so he took it upon himself to call me. He said I know you don't know me and I thought I'd better call you because I know if it was my mom she would feel the same way. Turns out my daughter had too much to drink and he said he was worried and didn't know what to do. He told me they went out to eat and she didn't eat much and he encouraged her to eat. Her stomach was pretty empty because she didn't eat before she left. I told him she was on medication and she shouldn't have been drinking at all. He said he was sorry that he didn't know because he doesn't know her. Well, apparently she got buzzed very quickly. First of all she is not used to drinking and second of all she is taking medication.....a very bad combination. So here she is drunk and I am furious and worried all at the same time. They are at his house at this point and he can't get her to go home. She knew she was in hot water or did she even care since she was drunk.

He asked me what I wanted to do. He said he would do whatever I wanted. He would give me his address and I could come there or he would try to get her in the car and bring her home, or he would cover her up and let her sleep it off and bring her home today. He said she is in a safe place and I could come to his home anytime. He said he was worried about her and he was making sure she was okay.

I didn't even want to deal with her, I was so upset. Since I knew where she was and he was kind enough to call me, I told him to let her sleep it off and bring her home today. I hope I did the right thing. I just couldn't deal with her last night.

Just when things were going so well with us everything fell apart overnight. I am not used to her drinking. Is she now substituting one drug for another? I am really dissapointed. Was this just a one night thing? How do I handle this when she comes home? I bet she feels like crap today and she didn't come home yet, so I don't know. He told me he has to work today at 3 o'clock and he will make sure she gets home before that. He assured me that she was fine but he just wanted me to know because he knows how his mom is and he is 28.

I'm sitting here with an upset stomach......can't eat, have a headache. So I am just a mess. I have been keeping my expectations low because I know things can change overnight but it is still affecting me.
So you know the story, friends. I need you.

Lo