Old 10-18-2007, 03:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
md20
"Grateful to be Sober."

Hi again - Big day 4 me today, i'm telling my parents i'm an alcoholic.

Hello all,
Well it's been a while since i've been on here, missed it! Just been v busy with uni, meetings etc. But it's good to be back- find this place really helpful- thanks to all the ppl So yeah....today is a bit of a nerve wracking day for me. I'm going to tell my parents. I've decided it's around time now. I've been sober 24 days now and keeping it from them isn't easy- im up in Glasgow and they're in nottinghm so it's not as hard as it could be, but im still having to keep such a huge part of my life now from them. They are both in AA to. My dad's been sober over 40 years and my mum just over 20 so if anyone can help me it's them! But i've just been so scared of telling them, mainly because im worried that they'll worry lol! I honestly am doing ok - it's bloody hard but i can manage it, and i hate the thought of them being all that way away and worrying . But it's got to be done. Last night i was very close to drinking again- i was not in a good place in my head, doing my 1st step this fri though so hopefully starting the steps will help get things better. Well anyways i just thought i'd share this, will let u know how it all goes, hope everyone isok :praying