View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 06:26 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

Rashue -

See, you're already making progress!!!

I know all about biting your tongue. My 14-year-old niece lives with us (her mom died when she was 1 and her dad is a crack addict). This morning she was the sweet girl I could hug and tell her I love her. Later today, I'm sure she will wake me up screaming "it's not fair" if she's not allowed to do whatever she wants and I will have to bite my tongue again. This happens several times a week. My stepmom is her guardian and an EXTREME codie, so tolerates my niece cussing at her like she's a dog. Dad is tired of it and is ready to turn her over to DFACS. I'm trying to get stepmom to get niece into counseling but might as well be talking to a brick wall.

In all honesty, I'm having an easier time recovering from crack addiction, than codie behaviors!! I truly admire all you mom's...I don't know how you do it!!! Since I work nights, sleep days, I'm thinking of duct tape on her mouth as an option LOL!!!

Are you going to nar-anon meeting tonight? I hope so...one more way to take care of YOU and you deserve it.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy