View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 03:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
helpus

Thumbs up.
RAD is just shy of her 6 month mark & her RA fiance is just shy of his 18month mark. I am very greatful. I think my husband has gotton used to things going well. Just last night he asked me..how much longer untill Mikaela celebrates her one year clean. I was like ummm...in another 6 months. See she had 6 months before & relapsed. He was like are you sure about that? He was dumb founded.
I will say some of the posts I have read about latley having to change locks to the house, lock up valubles, checkbooks change pin #'s ect. I have done all that. But it seems like a lifetime ago. Addiction is in my life by some means almost every day now. Be it a girl I have known since she was 5 who is pregnant & has a boyfriend who is an addict, or one of the friends my kids went to school with ect. But it's there. It's different now. I am stronger. I can listen & not judge. I can suggest reading material & support groups. It's something..about 3 years ago I didn't know much at all about addiction. I didn't really care to eaither. It was something that happened to other families. Now it is so much a part of who I am today. My name is Alicia & my daughter is a herion addict.