View Single Post
Old 10-13-2007, 08:31 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  
cmc

Hi everybody,
It's been awhile since I've posted here, but I do try to keep up with the reading when I can. For you new posters, my son was in jail for almost a year and I believe that I was the first to post on this thread that Cinderella started so long ago.

I'm doing well and am adjusting to living a 'normal' life. I tend to focus my attention more on myself than on the addict these days. I'm happy to say that he's doing very well, and I'm hopeful that he will continue to do so.

He found a room to rent, has a good job, a lovely girlfriend and has been clean almost a year and a half. We see him occasionally and our fractured family is mending as he is back in our lives again as a sober person. He continues to make good decisions and I am so very, very thankful that he is alive and well.

I guess I am going through a phase of looking back a bit and realizing just how awful things had become, how far I have progressed and what I have to look forward to. I'm also very aware of the fact that I am slowly healing from all the past trauma.

I'm glad to see how this thread is still going and want to say 'hi' to all the new people here and a special 'hello' to all my old "Loved Ones in Prison" posters: Cinder, Babs, Ray, Dakota and Sunshine- plus so many others who have popped in and out to share with us in this forum.

Best wishes to all!

cmc

Last edited by cmc; 10-13-2007 at 08:56 PM.