View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 08:12 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

Rashue -

I am really sorry you are going thru this and I'm sure more mom's will be on with their ES&H.

I understand your worry, but as a recovering addict I can tell you, he will not get help until the consequences of his using outweigh getting high.

He's OD'd twice in your house and yes, you saved him. But think about this - he may be thinking "I can get high at home, not worry about being on the streets, and if I do too much, mom & dad will be there to save me again". Are you ready to watch over him 24 hours a day, worry about what he's doing in the bathroom or his room? You don't deserve that.

I'm not trying to be hard, but I've just watched too many people stay in their addiction because someone else "helped" them.

I really liked what CMC said about detaching FOR her son. I can tell you recovery is hard - but because I made the decision and am dealing with my consequences, I can feel better about myself instead of beating myself up like I used to. I'm grateful that my loved one's let me fall on my face, even though my dad has told me how many times he cried every time he saw something on the news about a female found dead - he always worried that one day it would be me.

You're not thick headed - you're a mom and you're hurting. I also realize you have to hit your bottom. From what I've read by other mom's here, it all took them a lot of heartache to get there.

Keep posting and do what feels best for you. The best part about SR is they never shoot their wounded!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy