Thread: New to ACA
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2003, 10:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tloweod
Paused

New to ACA

Hi all,

I just wanted to say hello. I am new to the ACA thing. I started therapy about a month ago and now I'm trying to supplement my therapy with as many resources as possible.

I was raised by an addict/alcoholic mother and my alcoholic stepfather until I was 13. I have lived with my grandparents since then. My grandfather was also an alcoholic for over 40 years. He quit drinking around 1985, but he never attempted to actually recover. So, for the most part have been in an alcoholic home my entire life. I guess that brings us up to speed.

I moved to a new town about four months ago. My girlfriend and I decided to get a place together. Since then, I have destroyed another relationship, and now find myself in a strange place where I barely know a soul. I'm trying to look at the whole situation as the perfect opportunity to help myself, but I admit that it is extremely difficult. I've tried looking for ACA meetings, but they aren't offered in my area. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Tony