Old 10-09-2007, 09:03 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
scaredykat

Hi Paperdolls,

There's not much the Dr. can do for me. I've had this condition since 1991. Back then everyone was diagnosing me wrong. My 1st husband hurt me real bad and that's what caused it.

My Dr. and i talked about Prescription drugs. But I'm afraid to take anything after the FDA took Vioxx off the market from people dieing. It wasn't a narcotic. Just a anti-inflammatory drug. Like Aleve. Now I'm allergic to that and broke out in hives. The first time they tried me on Naperxon I broke out in hives. That's the ingredient in Aleve.

We also talked about PT again. I've done that 6 times. They told me there's not much they can do for me either. I already know the exercises I'm supposed to do.
What i have is nerve pain. Not my muscles or bones. So moist heat is best when i hurt this bad.

I'm still hurting real bad tonight, but at least i can type on here now. Thank god i have you guys to talk to when i can't make my meetings. I know in AA it's suggested to do 90 meetings in 90 days. I'm just doing as many as I can. That's all i can do.

So for me, I have to accept my disability along with my alcoholism. That was my biggest reason for drinking the past 2 years. Feeling sorry for myself because of my arm and back and not begin able to work anymore.

Barb