View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 05:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
sherryb1010

Welcome dear, You are right where I have been since February, but my husband's cocaine quickly changed to crack. It's hard to put on a happy face. I've been reading this book called crackbusters that I downloaded off of this forum. It explains that even though they do it several weeks apart, it's still an addiction because they have developed a pattern. Perhaps if you can get him to read it, he will admit that it IS a problem and he'll try to stop. If going to a bar leads to him doing the coke, maybe he'll stop going to bars.

I'm learning that we can't be the ones that change them, only they can change themselves.

Think about bringing a baby into this life. Three weeks ago, I found coke smeared all over the passenger seat of my husbands car where he had been "cooking it". He made a huge mess. What if I didn't see it, and he picked our daughter up that evening from daycare? She would have put her hands on it, then her hands in her mouth.

Luckily, I found it, and had my in-laws pick her up, then we moved to their house.

Many hugs and prayers your way!!!!!