Thread: New Era
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 05:06 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Easeful

Originally Posted by mooselips View Post
Easeful,
Welcome to Sober Recovery.

Neither of my sons made it to fell time college, so I'm kind of out of your loop here. But, I agree with you, you don't want to be funding hs addiction if that indeed is the case. I think you should somehow access the situation in realtion to his grade point standings, and perhaps go from there.

I may be naive regarding college costs, but $100 every few days sounds unbelieveably high to me.

If I may ask, where is exactly is that money being spent? If he's dorming, that's paid for right? Is it for food and extras? (told ya I was naive...)
So far his grades have always been above average. It's one of the harder parts of this to stomach. He's an honor student, debate captain in high school, Eagle Scout.....all accomplished what using something illegal daily. ::sigh:: Pretty obviously self medicating, at least in the beginning.

As for how the money's being spent, I've asked and the answer is music, movies, take out, dates...... All of his living expenses are covered by tuition, so it's all extras. $100 every few days is very high. But I'm able to rationlize it in my mind by saying he earned more money than ever this summer and spent absolutely none of it. He deserves to splurge a little. But then that voice in the back of my head says the withdrawals are too regular and too much.