View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 01:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
kfoll

Benefits of abstinent lifestyle

In an effort to keep my mind off the idea of "not drinking this weekend," I have decided to write down a comprehensive list of all the immediate benefits I will enjoy if I do NOT stop off at the liquor store and buy a fifth of whatever. Usually, the benefits of giving something up or self-discipline in general are long-term, and in the absence of the instant gratification that whatever you're giving up usually offers, it's hard to see what's in it for you right now, if you know what I mean. So I thought this might be something helpful... post your own and add to my list!

>I will have a whole Friday evening of uninterrupted work on my project, without feeling like I have to sink into bed and fall into a stupor.

>I'll feel more like working and if I don't work, I'll enjoy a movie without falling asleep during it.

>I will be more coherent in my work.

>I will actually have a good night's sleep, without waking up with my neck crooked and my mouth dry.

>I will wake up in the morning feeling rested.

>I will NOT HAVE A HANGOVER!!!! YAYYYY FOR ME!!!!!!!!

>I won't oversleep and miss out on hanging with some friends on Saturday.

>I'll be able to remember everything I did the night before.

>I won't feel embarrassed by anything I did the night before.

>I'll have the energy to do things all day without feeling as if I constantly have to chug energy drinks. (Although I'll probably still drink a Rockstar -- those things own!)

>I won't have spent the $$ on the booze, so I'll have more for other stuff!

Now, add yours! It's fun.